Bayer CropScience Values
The corporate mission statement, featuring the slogan “Bayer: Science For A Better Life,” summarises our future direction here in Australia as it does around the world.
The Mission statement includes our inspirational tagline, our goals, strategy, values and future direction.
As a global inventor company, we want to help shape the future by developing innovations that benefit humankind.
The mission statement provides us with a point of orientation and aims to promote cohesion and motivation within our company. It also helps us reflect on our own strengths and thus boost our confidence in the Company’s future.
As one Company we need to one set of values that form the basis of our actions and corporate culture. Living these values is crucial to putting our mission statement into practice.
Common values and leadership principles form the basis of our day-to-day activities and represent our Company’s spirit and philosophy.
A will to succeed
The personal commitment to achieve targets by
- Adhering to standards of excellence
- Pursuing goal achievement with energy, drive and determination
- Not giving up in the face of resistance or setbacks
- Outperforming the competition
A passion for our stakeholders
The personal commitment to deliver value for our stakeholders (stockholders, customers, employees, suppliers, communities) by
- Focusing on the needs of our customers
- Considering the interests of our employees in everything we do
- Striving for quality and reliability
- Offering work and development opportunities
- Generating a predictable return for our stakeholders
- Fostering a trustful partnership with our suppliers and local communities
- Striving for mutual understanding
- Balancing the interests of our stakeholders
Integrity, openness and honesty
The personal commitment to stand as a role model for company values by
- Accepting accountability for actions and results
- Acting responsibly and reliably
- Trusting others and building trustful relationships
- Being open to the ideas of others
- Giving candid and timely feedback
- Having the courage to tell the truth in an appropriate manner
- Keeping entrusted information confidential
Complying with laws, regulations and good business practices
Respect for people and culture
The personal commitment to value people and their different perspectives and cultures within and without the company by
- Seeing each partner as a fellow human being
- Treating one another fairly
- Providing room for personal growth
- Encouraging self-initiative and personal accountability
- Deriving benefit from diversity
- Ensuring high levels of health, safety and environmental protection.
Utilizing natural resources prudently
Sustainability of our actions
The personal commitment to act in a way that balances the economic, ecological and social needs of current and future generations by
- Reconciling short-term results with long-term requirement
- Observing the principles of sustainable development
- Adhering to the Corporate Compliance Code
- Cultivating long-term partnership
- Contributing to the continued evolution of Bayer’s unique identity